|About Him :
Father’s Name: Late Sudhir Ranjan Sen
East Bengal, Now Bangladesh.
Educational Qualification: M.A. in Bengali from Kolkata University.
Service: Retired as Assistant Manager Central Bank of India, Kolkata.
Career as a Writer:
Started from school life. Articles, Poems published in School and College Journal. Gradually published in different Little Magazines and Daily Paper like Jugantar, Basumati, Satyayug etc.
Poems were first published in “NANDAN and PARICHOY”.
Number of poems has been selected in various collections
of Bengali poems. Sahitya Academy also collected his poems
in their Poems Anthology edited by Professor Asit Bandyopadhyay.
Apart from poems essays about film (National and International)
have been published in different Cine Club Journal and
Periodicals of West Bengal. Participated as a delegate
from West Bengal to Mumbai and Delhi International Film
Festival of Govt. of India. Since 1995 participating as
a press delegate at Kolkata Film Festival. He is a regular
contributor of film appreciation as columnist in Film
Bulletin published by “NANDAN” during festival
- Member of Central Council of West Bengal Democratic Writers and Artists Association.
- Secretariat Member of Calcutta District Committee of W.B.D.W.A.A.
- Joint Secretary of North East Kolkata Committee of W.B.D.W.A.A.
- President of “BATAYANIK”, a Tagore Cultural Centre founded by Dr. Sailen Das.
- Joint Secretary of Literary Journal “ESHAN”, Published by D.B.D.W.A.A., North East Kolkata Committee.
- Joint Secretary of “PURA BATAYAN”, Bi-Monthly Organ of Bidhannagar Municipality.
- Secretary of “DITHI” a cultural forum of Salt Lake, Kolkata.
- Secretary of “DITHI BARTA”an
organ of “DITHI” published from Salt Lake,
- Advisor of “Tung Tang” a
childrens' journal published from Salt Lake,
- Advisor of “Monchabi”-a
literary journal published from Salt Lake.
- DAHA KATHA
- DAKHAL NAMA
- JALER AKSHARE LEKHA
- MANTRA TAR SABDER KUTHAR
- BHAGNASTUPER AHANKAR
- KOLKATA AMAR KOLKATA
- ANGLA DINER BANGLA
- BADHYABHUMIR SINGHASAN
- NISHAKALER SWARADHANI
- MERUBRETYER SAMAYER KHRODH
- NIHATA RATRIR KANTHASWAR
- MADHYANER PADABALI
- SABDER KUTHAR
- ATYIO JALAKANA
- CHARDEALER CHARITKATHA
- SUKH PAKHI
- Translation of CHINESE CHILDRENS' STORIES
- CHINER KALJOYEE KISHOR GALPO
- DITHI BARTA
- PURA BATAYAN
AWARDS / ACHIEVEMENTS/ APPRECIATION ETC.:
of Little Magazines in West Bengal has given honour and
awards to him as a poet. While in service in bank, Reserve
Bank of India, organized All Bengal Poems Competition in
the year 1972, He was awrded the first prize (Best Poet)
according to judgment of Late poet Manindra Roy. Siliguri
“Natya Jagat” Patrika awarded him the Best Poet
prize in the year 1986. In the year 1989 24 Parganas Little
Magazine Committee awarded him the Best Poet prize in the
District. “APARAJITA” award was given to him
as an outstanding poet in the year 2003.
ROTARY CLUB OF SALTLAKE UPTOWN felicitated him as a creative
writer in the year 2006.
US | SERVICES |
FEEDBACK | CONTACT US | E-MAIL
(c) calcuttayellowpages.com (P) Ltd