|Profile of Mr. Samir Roychowdhury ..
- Birth Place: Panihati, North 24 Parganas.
- Medium of writing : Bangla
- A founder member of Hungry Generation Movement (1961).
- Edited several periodicals, at present editor of HAOWA 49. B-24, Brahmapur Northern Park, P.O. Bansdroni, Kolkata – 700070. Phone: 033 2410 4315, Mobile: 09831140435. (Till now 38 issues published).
- Author of several books including collection of poems, short stories, essays etc.
- Editor of several Anthologies, such as :
- Falguni Roy Samagra, which includes Falguni Roy’s poems, prose pieces and essays by several critics of Falguni’s writings.
- Postmodern (Adhunantik) poetry collection Vol.1 and 2 which includes 151 Bangla Poets work translated in English.
- Postmodern (Adhunantik) short story collection of Bangla Writers (101), translated in English.
- Edited “Adhunantik Bangla Kabita”, a collrction of 151 poems translated in Hindi.
- Edited a Nepali collection of Bangla and Nepali writers during sixties.
- Edited Hindi collections of “SANGKRAMAK”.
- Co-editors of a Book on Poet Jibanananda Das in Kannar.
- Editor of “Phanishwar Nath Renu” special issue of “KRITTIBAS”
- Collection of poems :
- ‘Jharnar Pashe Shuye Achhi’
- ‘Amara Vietnam’
- ‘Manser Kasturi Kalpa’
- ‘Adhunantik Kabita Guchha’, etc.
- Collection of short stories :
- ‘Sigareter Tirobhab’
- ‘Chhata Haranor Barsakalin Dhukha’
- ‘Adhunantik Galpa Guchha’
- ‘Khul Ja Sim Sim’, etc.
- Collection of Essays :
- ‘Kabitar Alo Andhakar’
- Post modern kabita bichar
- post modern Bilarer Sandhane
- Uttar Adhunik Kabita Sangraha Vol. 1,Vol. 2
- Hungry Kingbadanti
- Edited : Other Collection of Essays by different authors on
- Adhunantik (Postmodern in Bangla prespective)
- Post Colonialism ( Uttar Ouponibeshikata )
- Echofeminism(Parma prakiti)
- Post modernism Ki O Keno
- Sima (Boundaries)
- Anil karanjai, the artist.
- Publisher of :
- Sunil Gangopadhyay’s first book on poems (EKA EBONG KAETJASN)
- “Haowa 49” publications and periodicals ((B 24 Brahmapur, Northjern park Kolkata 700070)
- Special numbers and supplements published by:
- KALIMATI (quarterly) editor and publisher Kajal Sen from “Jaladhar Smrity” 3 Atasi Road Pramathanagar, Jamsedpur 2 Pin 831002 Jharkhand Phone 0657-2757506, Mobile no -09835544675, Issue no 93, Website –www.kalimati.co.in
Essays and Writings on Samir Roychowdhury
- “Golpobiswab” Edited and published by Aloke Goswami. 20 Astuloshed Mukherjee road ,College para, Siliguri -734001, Mobile No 09434196622 , Essays on Samir Roychowdhury’s writings.
- 'BODH', March 2009, Vol 50 (supplement on Samir) Edited by Aroon Kumar Chattopadhyay.
'Bonobas', Rupnarayanpur, Pin : 713364, Dist.: Burdwan, W.B. Mobile : 09609686859