Dr. Manas Majumdar
M.A., Ph. D., F. R. A. S. (LONDON)
Born at Mallarpur, Birbhum, West Bengal in 1944. Graduated from Presidency College with Bengali Honours and stood first in order of merit. Obtained so many gold, gold rimmed silver and silver medals. Took M. A. degree in Bengali from Calcutta University with a first class, obtained Ph. D. degree from Calcutta University under supervision of Dr. Sukumar Sen.
- Jangipur College, Jangipur, Murshidabad
- Scottish Church College, Kolkata
- Chandernagore College, Chandernagore
- Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration, Kolkata
- Kalyani University, Kalyani
- Calcutta University
Joined as a lecturer in Bengali in the University of Calcutta in 1974 and retired as a professor in 2009.
- Natyakar tarashankar
- Akshaykumar Boral O Bangla Sahitya
- Loko-Oitihyser Darpane
- Teroso Panchaser Mahamanwantar O Bangla Chhotogalpa
- Pather Chhaya – Chhabite Adhyapak Kshudiram Das
- Kshudiram Daser Bachhai Prabandha
- Ekso bachharer Sera Hasi (jointly)
and also published 200 articles in different reputed journals both in English and Bengali. Contribution to various literary Magazines like – Bangla Akademi Patrika, Paschimbanga, Lokosruti, Korak, galpaguchcha, Katha Sahitya, Loko-sanskriti Gabeshana Patrika etc.
Renowned book reviewer.
- Paschimbanga Bangla Akademi
- Folk & Tribal Cultural centre
- Bangiya sahitya Parishad
Member, Editorial Board
- Bangla Akademi Patrika
Known as a writer, essayist, educationist, researcher, folklorist, cultural personality, critic, scholar & editor.
As a research-guide produced 26 Ph. D. students.