Working with “Sankalpa Nrityayan”
with Subikash Mukherjee in Kolkata(since 2010 January).
• Selected (deferred) Recipient of Protima Bedi Scholarship
• Faculty at “Chhandayan”, the institution
run by Pundit Samir Chatterjee, in New York (2009).
• Invited Guest Artist in Texas A&M University
for Indian Dance (2007-2008)
• Represented India at the Commonwealth Day Celebrations
in Sri Lanka (2007)
• Have performed all over the globe as an honorary
professional solo performer in the Indian Classical Dance
form – ODISSI (1995 – 2008)
• National Scholarship for ODISSI performances (2005)
• Gold medal winner in the National Skating Championship
• Sportsperson of the year (Telegraph Awards) (2003)
• EMPANELMENT with: EZCC (Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre,
Govt. Of India.
• ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Govt.
• SANGEET NATAK ACADEMY
• INDIA ASSOCIATION, TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
• SPICMACAY, TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
• OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL OUTREACH, TEXAS A&M
Selected in the Independent Program at the Martha Graham
School of Contemporary Dance, New York for collaborative
work and cultural exchange.
II. Presently a student of ‘SRJAN’,
a premiere Institute for Odissi Learning founded by Late
Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra, under the guidance of Guru
Ratikant Mahapatra and Sujata Mohapatra.
III. Kaustavi stepped into dance at
the tender age of seven at Uday Shankar India Culture
Centre under Guru Amala Shankar where she completed the
Eight-year course and learnt basics of in Kathak &
After completing the 8-Year course, Kaustavi was selected
in Smt. Amala Shankar’s coveted Dance Troupe for
performances under various Govt. Level Cultural Exchange
Programs held at several places in India & Abroad.
Her special attention was then focused on ‘ODISSI’,
which she started seriously from the age of Nine and have
all along been continuing since past ten years under Guru
IV. A MODEST LIST
OF IMPORTANT SOLO PERFORMANCES, PRIZES/SCHOLARSHIP &
MERITS OF HONOUR :
• 26th March, 2010: Performance at Rabindra Bharati
• 25th March, 2010: Performance at Kala Mandir, Kolkata
under an institution named Pratichi.
• 12th March, 2010: Performance at Doordarshan Festival,
Bhubaneswar as a part of Srjan Repertoire under Guru Ratikant
• 9th March, 2010: Performance at “Pratibha
Utsav”, organized by EZCC, Kolkata.
• 21st February, 2010: Exclusive Performance in Jalpaiguri,
West Bengal, India.
• 23rd January, 2010: Performance in Bidhannagar Mela,
Kolkata as a part of the repertory of Gunjan under Guru
• 14 - 18th December, 2009: ICCR tour to Chicago with
Smt. Sujata Mohapatra, for programs in Chicago.
• 2nd December, 2009: Performance at “Chhandayan”
Saturday Concert Series, Manhattan, New York.
• 14th November, 2009: Performance at The Hindu Temple,
Queens, New York.
• 21st October, 2009: Represented India at the multicultural
interaction at Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance,
New York, U.S.A.
• 17th October, 2009: Diwali performance in Orlando
and Ocala, Florida.
• 14th October, 2009: Diwali performance for Citibank,
Clifton, New Jersey.
• 15th August, 2009: Performance in Delaware, U.S.A.
• 13th August, 2009: Performance in Philadelphia,
U.S.A. with acclaimed Odissi dancer Bani Ray.
• 4th July, 2009: Choreographer, Performer for “Fobana”,
Annual Bangladeshi Conference, Houston, Texas.
• 29th June, 2009: Performance for Ratha Yatra, Austin
Hindu Temple, Austin, Texas.
• 21st June, 2009: Performance for the Bangladeshi
Association, “BAGHA”, Austin, TX.
• 20th May, 2009: Performed for “Vasudha”,
a cultural evening in Austin, Texas.
• 1st May, 2009: Performed for an NGO for wounded
soldiers, College Station, Texas.
• 25th April, 2009: Odissi Performance in Houston,
• 11th April, 2009: “Poela Baisakh”, Bengalee
New Year celebration in Austin, Texas.
• 7th March, 2009: Invited as a judge for Sangam,
A talent show organized by the ISA.
• 28th February, 2009: Accompanied Sujata Mohapatra
for Performance in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
• 27th February, 2009: Accompanied Sujata Mohapatra
for Performance in Dallas, Texas.
• 22nd February, 2009: Performance in College Station,
TX, USA with Smt Sujata Mohapatra in Omkarnath Temple and
• 7th February, 2009 : Yuvabharati, Bharatnatyam and
Odissi Concert, Palo Alto, CA,USA
• 1st February, 2009: Saraswati Puja, Houston, Tx.
• 18th January, 2009: Pongal Utsav, College Station,
• 31st December, 2008: New Year Cultural celebration,
• 17th December, 2008: Indian Cultural Interaction,
Saltlake City, Utah.
• 25th November, 2008: Brazos Valley World Fest, College
• 19th November, 2007: Dia, Diwali programme.
• 31st October, 2008: Ekta, Indian Association programme,
• 18th September, 2008: Performed at Omkarnath Temple,
• 22nd August, 2008: Houston Telegu Society, Performance
at University of Houston.
• 21ST July, 2008: Kolkata Utshob, Madhusudan Mancha.
• 7th July, 2008: Rathayatra in Austin Hindu Temple.
• 1st July-6th July, 2008: Workshop at College Station
and Austin by Guru Ratikant Mahapatra organized by Kaustavi
• 21st June-26th June, 2008: Workshop conducted at
San Hose, CA.
• 1st June – 10th June, 2008: Workshop at College
• 15th April, 2008: Performed at Bengalee New Year
• 2nd March, 2008: Performed for SPICMACAY, Texas.
• 25th February, 2008: International Week, Texas A&M
• 23rd February, 2008: Performed at the Saraswati
Puja in the temple in College Station and Houston.
• 6th December, 2007: International Programs Holiday
Reception, College Station.
• 21st November, 2007: Brazos Valley World fest programme.
• 10th November, 2007: Program at Hindu Society, Navasota.
• 9th November, 2007: Dia, Diwali programme.
• 7th October, 2007: Ekta, Indian Association programme.
• 9th September, 2007: Spicmacay programme.
• 15th August, 2007: Performed at the Independence
function for Indian association.
• 27th July, 2007: Performed in New Jersey.
• 10th June, 2007: Performed at a fundraiser for Somsar,
• 18th May, 2007: Performed at SAI (Sports Authority
of India, Kolkata).
• 10th May, 2007: Performed in Bhopal, for CRY India.
• 20th April, 2007: Performed in Rotary club Kolkata.
• 18th April 2007: Performed in Deesha, Kolkata under
• 7th April 2007: Performed in Bombay at Samsmaranam
in memory of Guru Shri Kelucharan Mahapatra.
• 1st April 2007: Performed in Guwahati for I.T.A.
center for performing arts.
• 12th to 14th March 2007: Representing India at the
Commonwealth Day Celebration in Columbo, SriLanka sent by
the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs, India (ICCR SPONSORED).
• 10th March 2007: Live performance in Calcutta with
Guru Ratikant Mahapatra playing pakhawaj for SOMSAR RAMAKRISHNA
• 25th February 2007: Performance in the Indian classical
dance festival organized by Goa Kala Academy.
• 20th February 2007: Performance in Toshali Handicrafts
Emporium in Bhubaneswar.
• 22nd February 2007: Performance in Music College
• 7th January 2007: Performance in NALCO in Anugul,
• 29th December 2007: Performance in Kerela.
• 25th December 2006: International Odissi Conference
• 23rd December 2006: Performance in Benaras Hindu
• 25th November 2006: Shivpuri Mahotsava, Shivpuri
(near Jhansi), and Madhya Pradesh.
• 18th November 2006: Anandalok Awards, Calcutta.
• 5th November 2006: Dev Dipavali Mahotsava, Benares.
• 6th October 2006: Kumari Utsav at Sant Sai in Cuttack.
• 10th September 2006: Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra Award
• 18th August 2006: Varsha Utsav in Bhubaneswar.
• 1st June, 2006: Behrampore festival in West Bengal
in the presence of Pandit Birju Maharaj and Smt. Saswati
• 15th April 2006: Baisakhi Festival, Bhubaneswar.
• 8th April 2006: Samssmaranam, the second death anniversary
of late Guru Shri Kelucharan Mahapatra in Bhubaneshwar.
• 5th March 2006 - The National Festival of Bijapur,
• 28th, Feb, 2006 – ‘Vasantotsav’,
a festival organized by ‘Kalashram’ under Pandit
Birju Maharaj New Delhi.
• 24th, Feb 2006 - Performed in Governor’s honour
in Bhubaneshwar for the newspaper “Sambad”.
• 22nd, Feb 2006 – Performed in ‘Sruti
Mandal’, a Festival in Jaipur.
• 23rd, Jan 2006 – Performed in Shovabajar Rajbati,
a festival in Calcutta.
• 8th. Jan 2006 –Performed in ‘Deesha’,
a Festival celebrating 80th. Birthday of Guru Sri, Kelucharan
• 6th. Jan 2006 – Performed in Jhargram Festival
in West Bengal.
• 13th. December 2005 – Performed in Uday Shankar
Nrityotsav, In Calcutta.
• 5th. December 2005 – Performed in Konark Festival
in Konark, Orissa.
• 3rd. Sept, 2005 – Performed in ‘Xpressions’
a Festival organized by Xavier Institute of Management in
• 7th April 2005: Performed in “Samssmaranam”
in memory of late Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra in Bhubaneswar.
• 15th January 2005: Dance performance in the “YOUNG
DANCERS FESTIVAL OF EASTERN INDIA” under “SANGEET
NATAK ACADEMY”, Bhubaneswar.
• Performance at Mahajati Sadan, organized by SOMSAR
RAMAKRISHNA SEVA MANDIR in Kolkata in Sept’ 2004.
• Presented an Odissi Dance at ‘JALSAGHAR PROGRAM’,
a Prestigious Cultural exposition under the auspices of
Pathuriaghat Rajbati in 2004.
• Conducted as the Anchor in “NUPUR”,
a Weekly Serial program on Dance in E-TV Bangla Channel
in 13 Episodes beginning 14-11-2003 Upto End-January’
• 2nd December, 2003: Presented a Dance recital in
a 2-Day long Dance Festival “SADHANA” at Chinmay
Mission Hall, New Delhi, held Under the auspices of ‘KALASHRAM’,
a premier Institute of classical Dances founded by PANDIT
• 11th December 2002: Presented a recital in ‘ODISSI’
in “UDAYSHANKAR NRITTYOTSAB 2002” a weeklong
distinguished Dance Festival at Rabindra Sadan.
• Performed at a “WHOLE NIGHT MUSICAL CONFERENCE”
held at Durgapur in the year 2002 with Tabla Maestro Swapan
• Stood First in “KALIKATA NAGARIK SAMMELAN’S”
Cultural Competition in 1999.
• Won Super-achiever title in ‘BATA QUEST 2000’
amongst 1223 Participants.
• “BATA QUEST” Winner consecutively for
1998 to 2002 in the Eastern Solo Category.
• Won Scholarship by standing First in ‘ODISSI’
Dance competition Under the auspices of PASCHIM BANGA RAJYA
SANGEET ACADEMY in 1997 and in 1996.
• “INDIAN CLASSICAL MUSIC YOUNG TALENTS’
CONFERENCE’ 2000” held at Kala Mandir 2001.
• 23rd February 2001: “STARS OF TOMORROW IN
THE CLASSICAL DANCE ARENA” - ‘ODISSI’
performance at Madhusudan Mancha organized by WEST BENGAL
DANCE GROUP FEDERATION.
• Stood First in BHARATNATYAM - Dance competition
held in AURABINDA BHAWAN, CALCUTTA in the year 2000.
• 9th January, 1999: Won “JUGAL SREEMAL ANNUAL
SCHOLARSHIP” by securing 1st position in BHARATNATYAM
at the TAGORE FOUNDATION MEET at NEHRU CHILDRENS’
V) SUCCESSFUL CONTESTANT IN SANANDA-TILOTTAMA’
- Adjudged FIRST in “VIEWERS’ CHOICE”
- Won Prize for “MOST BEAUTIFUL EYES”
- Modeling experience for one Year.
- Anchor Person on various T.V Channels & Stage shows.