He has successfully conducted many cancer and tumour operations in various parts of human body. Some of the surgeries were quite complex in nature and were applauded highly by the medical fraternity. His success rates are very high and are comparable to the best centres of the country and elsewhere in the world.
Over 10,000 cancer patients have consulted Dr mandal during his professional career. Many of whom were operated by him and the rest were advised chemotherapy or radiotherapy (chemotherapy and radiotherapy are other modes of cancer treatment).
People from various parts of Bengal, Bihar, Orissa, Assam, Arunachal and Mizoram come to him for treatment. Even overseas patients from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Myanmar come for treatment.
Passed M.D. on 1988
Experience- Teacher in W.B.M.E.S since 1993
Now attached as associate PROSERROR dept. of Radio Therapy R.G.Kar Medical College & Hospital
Previous Attachment -
1. Calcutta Medical College
2. N. B. M. C.
3. I.P.G.M.E & R and S.S.K.M Hospital
1. Senior Oncologist AMRI Hospital, Dhakuria
2. Charnock Hospital, Kolkata - HOD dept. of Oncology, Ph: +033 40500998
3. Senior Consultant – B.P. Pddder Hospital. Time (5-7PM)
1. Secretary- AROI, WB Chapter
2. Secretary – ISNO, WB Chapter
3. Secretary – IMA, Kidderpore, WB
4. Vice- Persident – PSDA (Progressive Service Doctors Association)
Specialist in Radiotherapy and Chemical oncology. Specially trained in high precision radiotherapy like IMRT & HDR brachytherapy. Experience in brachytherapy with cobalt source, first time Eastren Asia Medical oncologist since 1986.