Sucharita Sharma has been interested in classical dance from a tender age and she was initially trained in Manipuri Dance by Sri Adityasena Rajkumar. Later on she received training under the legendary Guru Bipin Singh. She is now a senior disciple of Smt. Kalavati Devi. She has also undergone training by Smt. Darshana javeri at her workshops. Sucharita is a performing artiste of Manipuri Nartanalaya, one of the pioneer institutions of Manipuri Dance in the country, she has performed in various prestigious dance programmes and festivals of India and abroad. As to her academic record she is an Honours Graduate (Geog. Hons.) and Bachelor of Education from the University of Kolkata and has obtained Master Degree from Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata with specialization in Manipuri Dance. At the same time Sucharita has also earned proficiency in Bharata Natyam under the able guidance of the renowned Bharata Natyam exponent Smt. Anita Mallick. She is a recipient of junior Fellowship of the Department of Culture Government of India (2000-2002) and has conducted workshop on Manipuri Dance at Silchar, Assam and Jalpaiguri, West Bengal. At present she is one of the examiners of Manipuri Dance in Rabindra Bharati University.
Performances Abroad :
• Programme arranged by Cultural Association of Bengal (CAB) at New York 2003, Rabindra Mela Newjersey 2003, Lipilekha Association afeNew York 2003.
• Festival of India, Massachusetts University 2004
• Dartmouth College, (Member of IVY League Colleges) Boston, 2004
• Lotus Studio, New York 2004
• Conducted workshops arranged by Nandanik Dance Academy at Pittsburgh 2003 & 2004.
• Participated in 'Spring Art Festival' 2005 at Pyong Yang, North Korea.
• 2005 program at Los Angles (Passadina) at Fountain Theatre organised by Manipuri Dance vision.
• 2005 program at Hindu Temple, New York organised by Omna Ancient Arts.