Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals
58 Canal Circular Road,
Kolkata - 700054, WB, India.
Contact : +91 9874167730 / +91 9830363642
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Chakrabarti is a skilled kidney and pancreas transplant surgeon who performs laparoscopic nephrectomies and has extensive experience in guided allograft biopsies, organ procurement, preservation and management of rejection, and post-transplant diseases, as well as dialysis access procedures. He earned his medical degree at the University of Calcutta and completed a general surgery residency at Prince Charles Hospital, Wales, where he was certified as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons. He completed a renal/pancreatic transplantation fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh and then joined the faculty there as an attending surgeon and instructor in renal/pancreas transplantation.
Dr. Pradip Chakrabarti one of the very few surgeons who specializes in the surgery of Renal Hyperparathyroidism which cannot be corrected by medical therapy. In these situation he performs Total Parathyroidectomy and auto transplantation.
If you have hard-to-control (insulin-dependent) diabetes, you might consider having a pancreas transplant. More than 1,500 persons in the United States undergo pancreas transplantation each year.
1. Renal Transplantation- from Live and cadaveric donors.
2. Pancreas Transplantation- for ß-cell replacement in type I and some individuals with type II diabetes.
3. Renal allograft biopsies using real-time ultrasound scan guidance.
4. Abdominal organ procurement (Liver, pancreas, kidneys) for transplantation from cadaveric (brain dead) donors.
5. Donor nephrectomy- both open and laparoscopic.
6. Haemodialysis access procedures- autologous arterio-venous fistula, arterio-venous bridge graft fistulas, placement of long-term tunnelled haemodialysis catheters, vessel mapping and evaluation using real-time duplex Doppler ultrasound scanning.
7. Peritoneal dialysis catheter placement- by open and laparoscopic techniques.
6. Laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery- cholecystectomy, appendectomy, lymphocele drainage, organ biopsies, etc.
7. Total parathyroidectomy with autotransplantation- for secondary/tertiary hyperparathyroidism.
"Dr Chakrabarti with one of his transplant patient and Dr. Moritz (transplant surgeon) at Transplant Centre of Lehigh Valley, Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA".